Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The server does not support version 3.0 of the J2EE Web module specification - Eclipse

Sometimes we used to receive the following exception when running the web application in latest eclipse version.

The server does not support version 3.0 of the J2EE Web module specification.

The issue is when creating the web project in latest eclipse by default the web version  will be selected as 3.0 but the server what we are having is not supporting the web 3.0.

There is two options to fix this issue.

1. Upgrade your server to latest version
2.Open org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml file from /workspace/<Your project name>/.settings and change jst.web version to 2.5 instead 3.0

<installed facet="jst.web" version="2.5"/>






Monday, October 29, 2012

Oracle SOA Suite Composite Deployment - Global Type declaration/definition of name *are duplicated - Part1


Sometimes we used to get the below error message while deploying the composites to theOracle SOA Suite  server.

oracle.fabric.common.wsdl.XSDException: Global element declaration/definition of name '{http://xmlns.oracle.com/GlobalDeclaration/employee}Employee' are duplicated at the following locations:

http://localhost:8000/soa-infra/services/default/EmployeeServer/employeeserver_client_ep?XSD=xsd/EmployeeServer.xsd [line#: 4]
http://localhost:8000/soa-infra/services/default/EmployeeServer/xsd/EmployeeServer.xsd [line#: 3]
file:/reuters/shared/11g/software/soa_deploy/code/Utilities/EmployeeClient/xsd/EmployeeClient.xsd [line#: 6]
There are at least two of them looking different:
http://localhost:8000/soa-infra/services/default/EmployeeServer/employeeserver_client_ep?XSD=xsd/EmployeeServer.xsd [difference starting at line#:7]
file:/reuters/shared/11g/software/soa_deploy/code/Utilities/EmployeeClient/xsd/EmployeeClient.xsd [difference starting at line#:9]

The exception states the definition of the element Employee with the names spaces “http://xmlns.oracle.com/GlobalDeclaration/employee” differs in the following location.


file:/code/Utilities/EmployeeClient/xsd/EmployeeClient.xsd

I am having two composites EmployeeClient and EmployeeServer, EmployeeClient invokes EmployeeServer via parnerlink, EmployeeClient and EmployeeServer composites are defined with the following xsd’s

EmployeeClient/EmployeeClient.xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
                elementFormDefault="qualified"
                targetNamespace="http://xmlns.oracle.com/GlobalDeclaration/employee"
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
                <element name="Employee">
                                 <complexType>
                                                 <sequence>
                                                                 <element name="empid" type="string"/>
                                                 </sequence>
                                 </complexType>
                </element>               
</schema>

EmployeeServer/EmployeeServer.xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
                elementFormDefault="qualified"
                targetNamespace="http://xmlns.oracle.com/GlobalDeclaration/employee"
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
                <element name="Employee">
                                 <complexType>
                                                 <sequence>
                                                                 <element name="empid" type="string"/>
                                <element name="empname" type="string"/>
                                <element name="contactno" type="string"/>
                                <element name="state" type="string"/>
                                                 </sequence>
                                 </complexType>
                </element>
               
</schema>

Both the schemas are defined with same namespace (http://xmlns.oracle.com/GlobalDeclaration/employee) and has the same element name (Employee) but different contents (first schema has one element defined inside Employee but second schema has 4 elements) so that the compilation failed.

If two schemas defined in same namespace then SOA expects the definition of the elements with the same name (e.g. Employee) should be identical including the annotations and documentations.

There are three solutions to overcome this issue:

  • Match the xsd definition of Employee element in EmployeeClient.xsd with the content of Employee element from EmployeeServer.xsd.


  • Change the Employee element name in EmployeeClient .xsd to something else.






Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *